Scholarship Recipients 2023!
Mid-June, we informed 10 students they are the 2023 scholarship recipients. Help us congratulate them. Here's what they want you to know. Remember some people are private and we respect that!
1. A student from Plano is majoring in electrical engineering.
2. Addyson Soderquist, Class of 2023 Senior from Lufkin High School will be attending Texas A&M in the fall to begin pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Telecommunications and Media Studies with a focus on the Social Media Certification and a Minor in Arts with a focus in Design. One day, Addyson hopes to run the online marketing and social media accounts for a non-profit organization such as Texas Children's Hospital, or a large corporation.
3. A student from the greater San Antonio area
4. An accounting student hopes to gain a CPA.
5. A Student from Frisco who is studying History at Texas Tech
6. Nathaniel (Nathan) Martin is from Haskell, Texas. He is currently a sophomore at Texas Tech University pursuing dual degrees of a Bachelor of Science in Agricultural and Applied Economics and a Bachelor of Business Administration in General Business. Nathan is a member of the Saddle Tramps, a non-Greek spirit fraternity and the oldest organization on Texas Tech’s campus. Nathan says, “Pledging this organization is providing me an amazing opportunity to become a part of something bigger than myself. I hope to be able to use this experience to continue to find ways to advocate and be a role model for others who face challenges in their daily life.”
7. Travis is from Spring, and he plans to study Music Education at Baylor University.
"I have been singing my entire life for choirs and shows, as well as playing Piano, Percussion Ensemble, and French Horn. I have participated in over 40 musical theater productions through high school and community theater, and have gone on tour around the country multiple times with several choir groups and competitive chamber ensembles. I made the 2023 TMEA Texas All-State Choir as a First Chair Bass 2. Music has helped me overcome many of my struggles with autism by allowing me to express my emotions and creativity, as well as enabling me to discover communities and friends that understand me. As a music educator, I want to provide future students the opportunity for self-expression and to experience the profound effect that music had on my own life."
8. [Instead was awarded a full athletic scholarship!]
9. "My name is Ethan and I am from Cedar Park, Texas. I am pursuing a degree in Cyber Security with a minor in computer science and Japanese at Brigham Young University in Provo"
10. Someone who is a super awesome scholar despite many hurdles!