Meet our 2020 scholarship recipients in this subsection!
What types of scholarships do you offer and who are they designed for?
Autism Research Texas will primarily direct scholarships to help with
1. The higher education of persons with autism
2. Job training for persons with autism
The scholarships will be given to institutions on behalf of an individual or for the purchase of a need/service.
All scholarships will start out as $500; Autism ResearchTexas (ART) hopes to increase this amount over time.
ART will focus on scholarships to further the education or independence of individuals with autism.
These scholarships will award $500 towards post-high school education, such as a 2-year or 4-year college, or vocational school.
This will be EVERY YEAR! So check back 2021, same time.
In 2020, we will give out 3 scholarships to individuals!
Regarding the scholarship towards post-high school education:
Who is eligible for the Autistic Adult Scholarship? Any Texas resident student with a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder who
• Has completed high school or earned a GED and possesses the capacity to complete a post-secondary program
• Has been accepted into a post-secondary program (such as college, university, community college, trade school, or vocational training or educational program). If you are awarded a scholarship, the check will go to the school or program towards your tuition and or fees.
How do I apply for the Adult with Autism Scholarship? There is no fill-in-the-blank application. A completed application includes:
• A cover letter describing why you are pursuing post-secondary education and your plans for employment once you complete the program. Please include an explanation of any planned support system to help ensure your success.
• A current resume
• A transcript or other documentation that indicates graduation from high school or completion of a GED, or current report card in senior year
• Evidence that you have ASD
Email the application components to
In the title line, place your name and "scholarship for education."
This scholarship is open from Jan. 2 - April 16, 2020.
And the decision will be made on May 7, 2020.
Today, May 7, 2020, we let 6 applicants know they will get $500 #Scholarships! They represent much of Texas: the greater #SanAntonio #Dallas #Austin
We value personal privacy, and so we will update with information as permitted by our scholars. Check the "Scholarship Recipients 2020!" section of this website.
PLEASE CONSIDER FUNDING A SCHOLARSHIP!
Autism Research Texas does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, or national or ethnic origin.