On May 10, 2022, we let 14 applicants know they received $500 Scholarships!
They represent much of Texas.
We value personal privacy, and so we will only share information as permitted by our scholars.
1. "I'll be transferring from HCC to HBU with an Associate in Applied Science filmmaking to study Cinematic Arts (BFA) because I want to learn film." Check out his skills: https://www.jsmfilms.com/
2. Max De Los Santos
"I am proud of who I am, I am proud to be a person with disabilities, I am proud to be different, we all are different and we should be proud to be who we are and embrace our differences.
I am studying a major in Theatre with a concentration in performance."
3. Madison Thomas Brooks will graduate
from George Bush High School and attend
the University of St. Thomas.
4. A student at the University of Texas at Arlington is working towards a degree in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering.
5. A student is majoring in electrical engineering in Dallas.
6. "My name is Ethan and I am from Cedar Park, Texas. I am pursuing a degree in Cyber Security with a minor in Japanese at Brigham Young University in Provo."
7. "I graduated from CHS 18th out of 1053 in the class of 2022. My honors included NHS, Outstanding Environmental Science Student in the Academy for Health and Science, National Honor Society, and Summa Cum Laude. I share my accomplishments to motivate others with Autism to never give up or undervalue themselves. School has never been easy, but then again, anything worthwhile never is."
8. "My name is Lillian and I will be studying physics at the University of North Texas."
9. "I plan on studying and majoring in political science and having a minor in military science and studies. I plan to go on to work for the government. I hope that at some point in time in the future (uncertain time), I plan on enlisting in the United States Navy or Marines. I want to inspire and give hope to autistic people who wish or/and want to serve our country."
10. Charles Parker Delagarza will attend UT Dallas, in the city he loves, to study political science.
11. Emma Albertson, a lifelong Texan, will attend Dallas Christian College to study the environment and business. She also has interests in art, design, psychology, and sociology
12. "I have always been taught to not let my disability define who I am, and I am doing just that by blazing new trails as a D1 Scholar-Athlete at Prairie View A&M University. My goal is to not only be the best student athlete I can be, but be the first to graduate 'debt-free' in my family. I am a Communications major with a minor in Music, looking to pursue a career in the Music Media industry."
13. A scholar will study at West Texas A&M in Canyon, Texas.
14. A dedicated autistic Texan scholar.